Sunday, November 20, 2005

 

Destiny's Child

Finally the cat is over. Seriously speaking, I never wanted to go for MBA. But the reason why I gave cat was I believe in destiny rather than me dictating my future, and it had worked so far.

Looking back to my school days, I never wanted to be in the sciences field. I used to love geography at that time. I always thought I will do my higher studies in geography. Then a horrible thing happened. I came out as the school topper. I was not bad in school, but never thought I will top, especially considering that I never studied Hindi, and I used to score low in that. In high schools, one can always get away mugging the previous year question papers (In fact it is true even in engineering colleges, with IIT being no exception). And fortunately or unfortunately they repeated the question paper and I cracked the paper. I still regret for the fact that I never learned Hindi, I believe it was a grave error committed by me. After my results, everyone advised me to go for engineering or medicine. And one person wisely advised me that I can always come back to geography anytime I want, and most of the people take it only as a hobby than a career. Oh boy! I believed him.

Then I thought, ok, let me try for medicine. I liked (still like!) human physiology a lot. So I opted for the stream Bio Maths (the plus two system didn’t have the exclusive bio stream). After a few days, Biochemistry and Botany started pulling me down. I started hating those subjects. At this time, I was faring very well in maths, and hence I made a prompt decision, and switched to the engineering stream.

In my 12th, my aim was clear the Kerala entrance exam and get into REC. Somehow I pulled off a miracle; I cleared JEE and reached IIT.  And that’s where I am right now.

In my third year as I was still searching around for my areas of interest, this crazy idea of belling the cat came to my mind. Instantaneously I joined the cat coaching classes. I attended the classes till the vacations, during which I went to GE Bangalore for my summer interns. This time, I accidentally found out my ‘area of interest’! Blimey! I realized I have the perseverance and dedication to go for research and development in materials science. Instantaneously I decided I am going to go for higher studies!

My cat preparations went off the rails this year. I started working for my higher studies applications. In between, came the auspicious occasion to “bell” the cat. The only thing which was driving me to go for belling the cat was my belief in destiny. I gave the exam. As expected, I screwed it up. I did what I can, but I believe, it needed more preparation from my part.

No regrets. I am happy that I am able to clear up and work harder to shatter my prejudices about destiny, and dictate my future. The oblivion regarding my future is no more! Yes! I am awake…. I am back to reality.

Wondering if it is the same destiny, which has made me what I am, that has helped me to break the shackles of  my blind belief in destiny! Shit, I am confused!

Here the power of positive thinking sees me through! I started believing in reality. Speaking about it, reality has a price to pay… Nothing comes off free. I know I need to work my way up, and I am confident about it.

Lessons I learnt after my attempt to bell the cat:
  1. I choose my destiny.

  2. Nothing comes for free.

  3. To be what I am and to achieve what I want to should be my aim.

  4. Finally don’t over plan myself. It’s not the path which I take matters, it’s my vision, my take on things and finally what I achieve, i.e. believe in long term goals than short term ones. Take things as it comes, keeping in mind my ultimate goal.

Now I have to mug for tomorrow’s test. I don’t want to goof it up. (See, I am already on track!!)

Comments:
Pseud da machchaa. So are geography and medicine finally off the shelf?
 
the fact tht i am not pursuing a career doesn't mean that I can acquire knowledge in those areas. Basically its only a matter of time before I start gathering more knowledge in those fields. Just need more time, thats all ;-)
 
Lyrics of Bon jovi welcome

Maybe we're all different
But we're still the same
We all got the blood of Eden running through our veins
I know sometimes it's hard for you to see
You're caught between just who you are and who you want to be

If you feel alone and lost and need a friend
Remember every new beginning is some beginning's end

Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life; you made it this far
Welcome, you got to believe
That right here, right now you're exactly where you're supposed to be
Welcome to wherever you are

When everybody's in and you're left out
And you feel you're drowning in the shadow of a doubt
Everyone's a miracle in their own way
Just listen to yourself, not what other people say

When it seems you're lost, alone and feelin' down
Remember, everybody's different; just take a look around

Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life; you made it this far
Welcome, you got to believe
Right here, right now you're exactly where you're supposed to be
Be who you want to be, be who you are
Everyone's a hero, everyone's a star

When you want to give up and your heart's about to break
Remember that you're perfect; God makes no mistakes

Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life, you made it this far
Welcome, you got to believe
Right here, right now you're exactly where you're supposed to be
Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life, you made it this far
(I say welcome) Welcome to wherever you are

 
perfect.. its really what i always wanted to practice, but somehow that attittude is taking time to grow inside me :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?